Thursday, February 10, 2011

And so it begins......

....a new venture, new website, new blog...my head is spinning!  I've been knitting for profit for a couple of years now and with much encouragement from my Husband and friends, I'm going into it full speed ahead.  Since I started selling, I've really only made and sold enough to pay for my yarn/fibre habit and an annual Fibre Retreat that I like to attend, but now, I'm dedicated to making this a career.  So let's see what the future holds, I know I'm very excited to give it a go and find out.

The website and blog (well the studio and production also) are still works in progress, but I thought it would be fun to blog about the journey.  So far I've narrowed down my merchandise into two catagories: 1. objects that are knit (this consists of both hand and machine knit) including felted items and 2. objects that are made from woolen blankets and upcycled fabrics.  So I guess it isn't really fair to call it a "Knitting" studio, so much as a "Textile" Studio.

Under the knits category I am making small area rugs, felted mittens, felted bags, felted slippers...and under the fabrics category I am making scarves, Christmas stocking, hot water bottle covers, purses and hats.  So all together there's some knitting, felting, crocheting, sewing and a whole lot of creative fun....

....wish me luck:)

No comments:

Post a Comment