Thursday, February 24, 2011

An Ode To Wool

There are so many reasons why I love wool and have made it my medium of choice.  I love the way it smells, drapes, warms and even the way it feels.  Coarser wool I love for outerwear and softer choices I love for garments worn against the skin.  It comes in such a nice "natural" colour palette too, although I do love dyed yarns and fibre, my favorites are definitely natural.  The yarn I use most often is a good, old fashion, woollen yarn made locally (locally for me) at a small, family owned woollen mill.

MacAusland's 2 ply in natural light grey, natural dark grey and brown heather

I absolutely love this yarn and how I'm treated when I visit the mill, you can check them out next time you visit PEI, or you can check them out here http://www.macauslandswoollenmills.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment