Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day Four: 31st March. Where are they now?


Whatever happened to your __________?
Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.

I have knit a large number of items to date, especially since I've only been at it for about 6 years.  I've knit squares for blankets for the oncology clinic that a family member was treated in, I've knit many gifts for family and friends, and I also knit for profit.  My most memorable "Whatever happened to" project was from last summer.  I was working in a Spa at a local hotel and a client came in for an appointment, she had a wonderful time and had a very relaxing treatment.  When it came time for her to leave she showed me a couple of lovely hats she had purchased from the woollen mill just down the road.  Much to my delight, one of the hats was mine that I had both designed and knit (basic cabled hat pictured at the top of my blog).  This hat was destined for the other side of the country as a Christmas gift for her daughter. 

Most of my knits have been sold, I've lost count of how many hats, bags, mitts and now carpets I've made.  I'd like to think that they will eventually find their way to every corner of the globe:)

No comments:

Post a Comment