Tuesday, March 15, 2011

In Memorium

Today I'm breaking a rule, my own rule.  This blog was created to journal about my adventures in creating and running a small, cottage, textile business.  My one rule was to always post about the adventure, the creative process, the finished objects, etc that pertain to this journey, but never was I to publish a post of a personal nature as this is not what this blog is about.  Today I'm breaking the rules, just this once, and for a very good reason (well at least to me).

Yesterday, at 2:00 in the afternoon, we said a tearful goodbye to our beloved girl cat named Kitty.  For any of you animal lovers out there, you understand.  I've heard so many people say "they're just like our children", I disagree, I don't think they are just like our children, I believe they are "just like our beloved pets" who are in their own right, very special family members indeed.

Kitty, against all odds (she had many conditions), lived to be almost 18 years old.  She was my first true pet and the longest lived and a very happy, warm, loving creature. 

To you Kitty, I miss you, I love you and I will never forget you.  My cat, my friend, my constant companion, my teacher, my healer and my knitting partner. 



Kitty Jelley
June 1994 - 14 March 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment