Thursday, May 12, 2011

It's A Process...

I've taken my bags to a new level...just when I thought they couldn't get more amazing, I did it.  I made a knitting machine pattern that, when felted, gives me the shape and size I'm looking for in a finished bag.  That means my pattern for my bags is now truly my own.  I'm very proud of that.  They ended up being quite round and I love that about them (although still the basic shape as before).  I'll be using 100% wool yarn (same as before ) for the Everyday Bags and a blend of wool and mohair (aka hair of the mo, or moho;) ) for the Bags for All Seasons cuz it's just a little more girly with the beautiful fuzzy halo that it gives.

This is what one of each kind of bag looks like before felting....kind of the ugly ducklings before the swans...

No comments:

Post a Comment