Monday, May 23, 2011

Piecework.

I'm still busy working on those orders and I'm now over half way to the finish line.  Today was spent working on Piecework Hats that are made out of woollen blankets.  They're really fun to make except when you get it wrong.  One of my hats ended up with a panel that was longer than it should be and I didn't pick up on this little fact until I had all the stitching done....well at least I don't have to undo and redo the whole hat...just one piece.



I had a very nice treat dropped off to me tonight at work.  One of my customers keeps a few lamas as guard animals for his cows and has no use for the fibre, so he thought it would be a very nice thing to give it to me because I'm the only spinner he knows!!!!!  Well I gladly accepted and I will post pics as soon as I can (they ended up going home in the back of my Husband's truck).  There's fleece from a Momma lama named Muffin, the Poppa's name is Joey and the soft, sweet Baby fleece came from Oreo.  The spinning is not part of my business, I do that just for the pleasure of it, but I thought since it's still textile related I would post about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment