Monday, October 31, 2011

Two at a Time Socks

I got a call from a very important client the other day....my Dad called and asked me to make him 6 pairs of socks explaining that he doesn't want to wear any other kind.  Naturally his order jumped the queue and I now have the first pair done.  But before doing this, I decided that it would be in my best interest to finally learn how to make "Two at a Time Socks".  When you make socks this way you don't have to count rows (except when you have to count for shaping etc.) because when you reach the right length on one calf you reach the right length on the second.  Same goes for the foot.  You also avoid the dreaded "Second Sock Syndrome" which can level any knitter to their knees not wanting to make the second sock, even when they're completely infatuated with the first.


My first pair of Two at a Time Socks!


Happy All Hallows Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment