Monday, November 14, 2011

....and now for something completely different...

Green living, homesteading, being a kinder custodian of the planet, leaving a smaller footprint, wanting less....yup that's what I'm about.  In keeping with my newer lifestyle, I've decided that instead of buying new chairs for the living room, I am going to try reupholstering for the very first time.  I'm no stranger to textiles.  I can sew, spin, knit and mend but reupholstering is definitely a first for me.  The chairs, two classic wing backs, are 18 years old and except for dated, stained and worn fabric...they are in very solid shape.  So I took a trip to a local fabric store last week and rummaged through their bargain room and found this...



Then I spent a couple of hours yesterday doing this...


Now my hands are sore from removing staples, but I was very happy to see just how solid these chairs are.  Wish me luck in the finished product, I'll post the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment