Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Almost A New Year

It's almost a New Year and I can't wait to take it by the horns and run with it.  2011 was a wonderful year for us here on the Homestead and I just know that 2012 is going to be even better.  The last couple of weeks has been filled with planning, working and anticipation of the Holiday Season, here, as with the rest of the world.  The only thing that may have been a little different here than most anywhere else, is that I have also been working on my first hat pattern that I intend to offer for sale on Ravelry.  I am in the process of knitting and writing it right now and I am just a little excited about it.  I have made around half a dozen patterns to date but not the kind of patterns that I would offer for sale as they were all quite plain and just another variation on what is already available (sometimes for free).  The pattern I'm working on is an original colour work Tam, designed from my own original plain Tam pattern.  I hope it ends up looking fabulous and that there might be a few folks out there who think so as well.  Here's a little taste of the work in progress.


I can't believe how much work goes into writing a pattern, especially with charts for colour work and shaping, but I have absolutely loved the process and I can't wait to share it with you.  I am almost finished my part of it, then it's off to test knitting and reworking/editing anything that needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment