Friday, January 27, 2012

A Hit!

After my disappointing adventures in potted meat the other day I needed to make something really good.  I heard about baked oatmeal yesterday and decided to make some for breakfast.  It's very tasty and very easy to make and I have no idea how I'd never heard of it before.


I had found a recipe online and played with it slightly to make it even better.  I reduced the sugar from 1 cup to only 1/2 cup as I'm sure I don't need that much sugar for breakfast and I substituted raw cane sugar in the place of brown sugar (trying to keep it real).  I also opted for organic rolled oats that were not of the instant variety (I know it added more body).

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.

In medium bowl mix together 3 cups rolled oats
                                             2 tsps baking powder
                                             1/2 tsp cinnamon
                                             1/2 tsp ground ginger
                                             1/2 tsp nutmeg
In large bowl mix together      2 eggs
                                             1/2 cup raw cane sugar
                                             1 tsp vanilla
                                             1 cup milk

mix dry ingredients in with wet ingredients, pour into 9 x 13 baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.  I enjoyed it served still warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment