Thursday, March 15, 2012

Practical Things

I would have to say that I'm a prolific knitter.  That being said, I always have lots of finished pieces kicking around.  Although most of them are earmarked for one of my retail spots, I do end up with a goodly amount of pretties left behind.  Most of the pretties I get to keep are either prototypes of "sale" pieces or test knitted pattern pieces, some of them I don't get a lot of use out of as I'm not really a hat wearer, but my bags and cowls to get a great work out.  This has been a very mild winter for us and March has been no exception but with the milder weather comes mud in our lane and for a brief time every spring we park the vehicles at the road end of the lane and walk to and from the house.  This spares damage and ruts to the laneway that can be costly to repair every year.  Ruby has come in very handy on these little jaunts, not that the walk is long, but if there is a strong, cool wind... being wrapped up properly can turn something otherwise unpleasant into a lovely walk.  Thank you Ruby for being just what I need these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment