Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ruby.....two ways

Hello Ruby.....two ways (sung to the tune of Ruby Tuesday)!

Ruby has arrived and is available for purchase on Ravelry or on the top right hand corner of this blog.  I am so happy with how this pattern turned out and I've been sketching and dreaming about how many different ways I can use the Picot Edge Bind Off...soooo pretty!






That makes three patterns now available for sale, does that mean I'm a knitwear designer?  I can't rank myself with the likes of Anne Hanson, Kate Davies or Ysolda Teague, well not yet anyway.  I so admire the work of these women (and so many more) and I have to say I owe them a nod of gratitude for inspiring me to follow my own creativity and translate my thoughts into stitches.  Knitting for me is the outlet of my creativity, that I can take a thought and turn it into something tactile, comforting and wearable.  I was de-cluttering the last closet the other day and tucked way in the back was the first pair of mittens I ever made.  Still in good shape, no holes yet to mend, I was so pleased to see them.  There is something so special about  being able to make and wear a simple, useful garment.  Ruby turned out to be one of those simple, useful garments....she's also very pretty:)

P.S.  If you look up at the top right hand side of this blog you will see the pattern links (they are all working properly now), you will also see links to tutorials that I've posted on youtube, the tutorials are free and I hope you find them useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment