Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Right Thing To Do

Oh wow!  I found something really terrific while reading another Island blog that I enjoy very much.  It's about a local (to me) organic farmer who raises pasture feed meat and has a CSA!!!  I am so excited, I hadn't heard of him before but I will be buying shares in the next couple of weeks.  For those of you who don't know, CSA is short for Community Supported Agriculture.  This is a way of buying shares of a local farmer's crop and having your "share" delivered (or available for pick up) at harvest time.  I know there are fruit CSAs as well as vegetable and different meats.  I couldn't be happier to have found him.  This really fits in to what we are trying to change in our lives, to live more sustainably and be more aware of how humanely the animals we eat from have been raised.  If you live on PEI and want to check this out, or, if you do not live near by and still wish to donate to an excellent cause, please visit him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment