Thursday, May 10, 2012

So Dreams The Dreamer...


Home Cheesemaking: Recipes for 75 Delicious Cheeses

I had a dream last night that I had made the most delicious, fresh mozzarella cheese!  I've been reading a lot about home made cheese making on a number of blogs that I like to read and it just seems like the next step in my homesteading journey.  I already sew, cook, preserve, grow, knit, generate, reduce, mill, reuse, spin, recycle.....now I need to feed my cheese habit.  We eat cheese every single day (sometimes to much) in our house, and although, our cheese comes from local farmer's milk and is made right here in our wee Province, it would still be nice to make at least some of it myself.  The cool thing is that you don't even need special equipment to make these small home batches.  You don't even need rennet if that is hard for you to find.  I've read that many people either use lemon or vinegar to curdle the milk, these are ingredients that most of us already have in our kitchen anyway.  After that dream last night, I'm going to have to give it a go someday very soon.


Guess that also means I might need a book like this too:)  Seriously, any opportunity for a new book!

No comments:

Post a Comment