Friday, May 11, 2012

Sometimes I Stray....

....stray from my homesteading, localvore lifestyle that is.  A couple of years ago Mr. Homesteader and I went to Bermuda on vacation.  He had spent 20 years trying to convince me that I would love it before finally giving in and agreeing to go.  I was not disappointed.  The scenery was breathtaking, the people polite and friendly, the pastel houses charming and picture perfect, and the food....oh my goodness the food!  What I fell in love with was pan fried fish (every kind I tried), topped with fresh fruit (every kind I tried) and served on a bed of rice and peas (black eyed peas).  I have recreated this meal with a great deal of success since, using local ingredients, but after finding a rice and peas "package" in the grocery store and some gorgeous tilapia...I just had to go for it and and try it.


So I took this....

and turned it into this.....



and I have to say it tastes very good, even if it is all imported, yikes, a treat now and then won't offset the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment