Monday, July 9, 2012

Creative Property

There are several blogs that I like to visit (mostly knitting and homesteading blogs).  The ones I like most are bookmarked and I look every couple of days or so to see if there are any new posts.  Of course with any text (mine included), some posts will be a bit bland, some very informative, some will be just plain eye candy with beautiful pictures of knitted projects, food, gardens etc, and some will touch upon a point that I feel strongly about either for or against.  The posts I read that I disagree with, I give little attention to as I realize that they are coming from someone else's experience, from their own opinion and written on their own blog.  The posts that I strongly agree with I sometimes like to mention here on my own site.

Today, I was over at Kate Davies' Blog, I visit her in the cyber world just about every day.  She is one of the designers who has, without knowing it, inspired me to translate my imagination into the knitted stitch.  Today, Kate's post is about ownership of one's Commercial Design Property.  Any of you who read my blog know that I have a few patterns for sale (and will have more available in the future;)).  Kate does also, and her post today speaks of the blatant use of someone else's commercial creative property, without their permission, for commercial gain.  It's a very interesting and well written read and I encourage you to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment