Tuesday, December 4, 2012

3 Weeks

There's only 3 weeks left until it's all over but the cryin' (and probably the turkey)!  I love this time of year.  I love the cooler, longer nights, the desire to cuddle and share a hot cocoa and enjoy quiet time.  I love that the business of fall is over for another year and we now get to enjoy all of the lovely preserves we've worked so hard to produce.  I love snow on the evergreens, crackling fires in the hearth and lazy cats wanting a warm lap to nap on.  I love the smell of wet, woollen mittens drying on the radiator and something good roasting in the oven.  Since I work in a store, waiting on the public, I hear a lot of complaining about the weather.  I feel so badly for some, who simply can't see the beauty in this time of year (I can only guess that they aren't knitters, because knitters seem to love the encroachment of winter).

During this time of year, I would love to be at home more to enjoy the simple pleasures of late fall and winter, but this time of year heralds the season of long, long shifts for me.  Not all is lost though...this is also the time I seem to get a bit of knitting done....

A lovely cabled hat, made with MacAusland's 2-ply medium wool yarn in Brown Heather.



Some secret knitting for a special guy.


Now for something completely different....little people knitting.  I never knit little people stuff, not that I don't think that every little person should be completely decked out in hand made loveliness...it just isn't my personal thing to enjoy knitting little people stuff.  BUT, I was recently asked by someone whom I barter with, to make some mitts and a hat for her wee boy.  Since she and I almost always find a way to barter for goods or services, I thought this would be a fun challenge for me.  So for the small cost and a bit of my time to make this wee pair of mittens (and a hat to follow), I will be getting my hair perfectly coiffed for the Holidays.


And a sweet boy will have warm fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment