Thursday, December 27, 2012

It Was Fun.

Our very simple Holidays are half over and so far we've had a very nice time.  Mr. Homesteader and I took great delight in watching Dave react to crinkly paper, jingle balls, rooster feathers and catnip.



I can't believe how spoiled this cat is...I mean, of course we got him a couple of toys...but then two more people popped by with gifts for him.


Turkey Dinner was terrific even though the bird was a little over done.  The gluten free bread made very nice stuffing and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  Best part of all is that I've added stock back to the freezer to have for later dates...my supply had run out.

Mr. Homesteader gave me a couple of pairs of antique sock stretchers...the perfect gift for a knitter and all around fibre geek.



My cousin came around to enjoy turkey dinner with us and gave us each a lovely hand knit scarf!  He's only been knitting less than a year.


And what gift giving season would be complete without books.


I'm working a reasonably small shift right now, my only one for the entire week.  Although it's short, I can't wait to get back to spending time off with my favourite man and my favourite cat:)

No comments:

Post a Comment