Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

Well the world didn't end on the 21st, I'm so glad because that would have robbed us of a wonderful Christmas Feast.  I've got the turkey thawing, cranberries ready to turn into that red, sweet deliciousness, baked goodies at the ready, bottle of local wine, I even made a loaf of GF bread yesterday to make stuffing with, should be good.


The vegetables and fruit are bought and standing by, the house is clean....now I just have to see my way to the end of the work day at 6:00pm.  Tomorrow will be a quiet day for us, Mr. and I are having my cousin over for Christmas dinner and we are really looking forward to his visit.  That's what it's all about isn't it, family.  Whether that family is related, borrowed, married into or adopted doesn't really matter, family is what you make it and I'm pleased that we will have someone to share our day with.  Not an easy feat for me as my family is scattered to the four winds.

However you spend the Holiday Season, I hope you all find simple comforts...a warm home, a hearty meal, a slice of sweetness and maybe even a wee gift.  All the best from our little homestead to yours this Holiday Season and throughout the year. Be well, and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment