Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekends

This weekend I wasn't supposed to have both days off of work but thanks to a Nor-Easter I did!  We were given lots of warning about the storm so, in the hopes of having an old fashioned storm day, I got myself prepared.  I brought in some knitting supplies (including some knitting machines) from the studio so that I wouldn't have to go outside, made sure the larder was stocked, the generator had gas and of course I didn't have to check for candles, batteries and bottled water because I'm always prepared for 3 days.  The storm came, it was awesome, we were storm-stayed and didn't even loose power.  I stayed in my jammies, made blueberry/raspberry shortcake, did some knitting, some crocheting and watched a whole bunch of mindless television.  It was a perfect weekend.

During my recent "granny" mania, I found a pattern on Ravelry for these lovely and strange slippers, consisting of 6 granny squares each.  I love them.


This is the slippers lying flat, you can see how you leave one seam open to fit the foot in.  Clever huh?



Now that I have my granny mania satisfied, at least for now, I can move on to other things.  I'm considering making myself this sweater...



I love this book by Lucinda Guy, very pretty knits and the sweater shown here is just stunning.  I have a lovely 4 ply fine Jacob's blend wool in natural brown that's been waiting for something special like this.  I knitted a test swatch and the Jacob's yarn have me the perfect gauge...not that that ever really means that the gauge will remain correct through the project...as I'm sure you know...swatches lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment