Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday

What I'm reading on this Friday....

Perfect Health--Revised and Updated: The Complete Mind Body Guide

I first learned about Ayurveda over a decade ago while working with spa products based on this life system.  I had always found it fascinating and of course, with a certificate in Applied Organic Nutrition, I was interested in the nutritional side.  Ayurveda is an entire lifestyle, thousands of years old, aimed at achieving and keeping balance in our ever changing bodies.  It involves nutrition, yoga, meditation, massage, and cleansing of the internal body based on your individual body and personality type or Dosha.  I read this book by Deepak Chopra many years ago and decided that while I'm feeling out of balance, this would be a great re-read.  As it stands, I think this book is a must have in the library of anyone who wishes to feel well.  This is the kind of book that you keep going back to, highlighting, putting in new sticky notes, adding scribbles for yourself... if you're tired of feeling tired or sick of feeling sick, give it a read.  Really, who wouldn't benefit from feeling even a little better:)  Happy Weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment