Thursday, March 28, 2013

Not Sure

I'm not even sure what day of the week it is...or the date.  I seem to have done nothing but work and sleep these last couple of weeks, and working and sleeping just don't generate interesting blog fodder.  So, I thought I'd pop in anyway and at least let you all know that I haven't run away or stopped blogging...I simply don't have anything really interesting to tell you.

I did spend time last week sewing together a quilt top and bottom between the hours of work and sleep and work.  It was pretty simple to sew since there was only a 4 piece border around the top fabric and 4 equally sized pieces for the back.  Once I made my quilt sandwich (with an old wool blanket inside) I started to quilt and realized that I was about to make a monkey's arse of my pretty fabric!  I promptly put it aside and will rip out the seam that I had started....right before I send it up the road to get quilted by someone who knows what they're doing.  There is a lady living near me who will do an all over stipple pattern for a very reasonable price.  Sold.


Top with border.


Top with border and backing rolled over.

The all over stipple will be in a mustard coloured thread that will be lost in the confusion of paisley but pop out like crazy on the burgundy boarder.  I'm thinking this will be a very nice blanket for the living room with all it's earthy colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment