Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Finished.

It's so nice to be able to look at finished things.  My house, work...well, life in general is full of the unfinished.  But today I have some finished bragging rights.

I wasn't sure how to finish my Granny Square living room blanket.  I know I could have just ended it on any row but I've seen so many blog posts with gorgeous crocheted throws that have fancy edges.  I fiddled around a little and came up with a very simple scalloped edge that doesn't really look a whole lot different from the stitch I used throughout the project....but to my eyes, it just looks more "finished".



You can see it's a little wavy along the outside, but I can live with that.  It is more square than it shows in the picture, the bottom corner isn't actually that long compared the others, the photo just looks that way.  The finished blanket measures roughly 4 x 4 feet and is just the right size for a lap blanket.





In the last week or so, I also managed to knit several hats, it felt great to get my needles clicking along again.  Next week should be a bit of a sock feast here as I seem to be understanding the finicky nature of my sock knitting machine a little better.



What projects have you been working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment