Monday, December 30, 2013

I've Been Busy...

Wowwa...busy and fun!  We've had another lovely Yule/Christmas here at the homestead, full of both good food and much needed rest.  We didn't have as much time off of our day-jobs as we usually do, but we made the best of the situation.  After all, I was able to spend two whole days at home without even having to go outside.  Not that I don't usually like to go outside (especially in this awesome snowy weather), I've just been really, really under the weather for 5 whole weeks now and those two days on the sofa were exactly what I needed.  I made a trip out yesterday to look for pom pom makers.  I couldn't believe how much they cost but after giving them a go, I was very pleased with the result.




So, even though I've been away from the blog and weakened by plague...I have continued to stitch.  In the past few weeks, I've managed several knitted hats, stitched blanket stocking, stitched blanket cushion (shown above), and of course a couple of big, fluffy pom poms.  Have you managed to make anything in past few weeks?  I'm putting the kettle on, why not pull up a chair and tell me all about it.


2 comments:

  1. Weakened by plague... hopefully not ! Oh Brighid, I'm wishing you to get well in this NewYears holiday ! I think reading this post of yours has convinced me to get one of those pom pom makers ! Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Jen! I'm feeling way, way better thanks. You do need to treat yourself to the pom pom makers, they are so easy and fun to use that I might end up buried in little woollen balls:)

      Delete