Monday, March 24, 2014

Springtime

Spring has officially arrived in the Northern Hemisphere but in my little corner of the world, it is well below zero today with a fierce North wind.

I don't know about you, but as much as I love Winter, I will be very glad to see the end of it.  Until then, I thought this might help cheer up both my customers and me.  It's a warm, felted wool scarf (same pattern as my Felted Holiday Scarf, using felted roses instead of berries), but with decidedly Spring-like colours.




I love it when a plan comes together and what you have in both your head and your sketch book, are able to turn into something special.  I'm knitting up a few of them to send to Rose Cottage Antiques and they should be there, available to you, by the end of the week.

In the mean time other stitching is still progressing in an effort to fill both a section of Rose Cottage and my own Country Store.  Here are some pics of my work in progress as I pull a section of my own store out of hardware and into soft, woolly goodness.





It is by no means full, but I'm working on it and I love how cheerful it is.  I hope Spring is much warmer for you, but if not...you can always pop into Rose Cottage Antiques and Gifts in Summerside and pick up a warm accessory or two :)

1 comment:

  1. How great it is that you have a little shop to sell your wares ! I love your felted rose & leaves garland !

    ReplyDelete