Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Playing Hooky

I've taken a wee break from knitting because that darn "Granny Fever" has hit me again.  It came on all of a sudden and hit me like a sack of wet cats (I'm assuming that a sack of wet cats is very heavy, although I've never actually experienced one).  I couldn't help myself...with hook in hand I started to envision delightful squares being made into over-the-shoulder bags...wait!  Didn't we do that 40 years ago!!!  Ah, who cares, it's a timeless classic and a throw back to decade that shaped me as a child.



Just needs an I-chord strap to pull it all together.

But the madness hasn't ended with 70's Granny Bags....

Last year I enjoyed watching Lucy at Attic 24 making Granny Triangle Bunting.  Well, I thought it would be a good idea to have a string of these adorable triangles hanging the the store window.



I figure a dozen triangles should do it so that only leaves me 2 more.  They are quick to make, they're great stash busters (especially for the little leftover bits) and they should add a lot of colour to my store front.

If you would like the pattern for these, click on the Attic 24 link above and it will take you to Lucy's triangle blog post, it's a beautiful blog, full of colour and crochet.

Happy Hooking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment