Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Busy Week

The weather here has been ridiculously cold so far this Spring which has made it very difficult to garden and plant....but it's been terrific for knitting!  This week has renewed my love affair with the knitted stitch and I've accomplished much.  

Last evening I started, or rather should I say, I RE-started this beautiful cardigan.  I had started it last year with the intention of making something for myself after having made so many things for the sale pile.  It ended up being abandoned and frogged only to be picked up again yesterday.  As you can see here, I have just about completed the back and I love it.  Of course my test swatch lied (they always do) and I've ended up with a slightly larger gauge than called for.  Since the gauge is so large to begin with, with nice fat stitches...I'm just going for it.  I stretched out the fabric over myself and it does fit with a bit of ease which is fine by me.  The pattern is actually a little more closely fitted than I want it anyway :)  I'm making it with 3-ply MacAusland's undyed yarn in a beautiful wool/mohair blend.



Since Saturday, I also managed to accomplish this very simple Islet Lace Shawl.  I cast on and knit until I was almost to the end of a second skein...then cast off.  Yup, that's how much planning went into it!  It's just right and very warm which is something that I unfortunately still need in this cool weather.  The colour is a darkish pink dyed over grey which gives it a gorgeous plummy/silver finish.  Again, this one is knit with MacAusland's but in 2-ply.


Well I must leave you, I'm aching to get back to my cardigan.  Who knows, I might even finish it this week!  Happy stitching everyone:)



No comments:

Post a Comment