Thursday, June 26, 2014

Two More Sleep

I recently became a member of the West Prince Arts Council, and as luck would have it, just in time to have a table of my own at the Showcase of the Arts.  The event takes place this Saturday, 28th of June at The Parish Centre in Tignish, PEI.  If you happen to be in the area it promises to be a fun day.  The showcase with be featuring different artists from this area's Arts Council (WPAC) using quite a variety of media.  There will be an Oil Painter, Basket Weaver, Portrait Sketcher, Wood Turner, Sculpture, Quilter, Rug Hooker and of course my woolly treasures will be in attendance also.  Of course this is only one piece of a larger event called the Tignish Irish Moss Festival, so there will be quite a few things going on that day.  I am lucky to live in a mostly rural area where all Summer long, some community somewhere, is having their annual festival. Just like they did 100 years ago.

So, it's only two more sleeps until the event and I've been playing around with different boxes and baskets to see what kind of display I can put together for my table.  I'll be sure to take some pictures of the event and share them here next week.


One of the new items that I'm taking with me to the showcase is this beautiful shawl, hot off of the pins last night.  It's made with a wool/mohair blend in a natural silvery grey and I took the liberty of adding islets up the spine to lace in this gorgeous ribbon.  Knit from side to side in two pieces and joined in the centre using a Singer 151 Chunky Knitting Machine.  I love it and I wish it was going to be cool enough to wear one on Saturday so that I can really show it off.  (Words only a knitter would say at the end of June.)


I will be using my array of knitting machines much more in the future.  My first love is of course hand knitting but to make larger quantities of larger pieces and still be able to fill the shelves, I need a little help along the way.  It's the same as a quilter using a sewing machine, they're still doing ALL of the work, just not every stitch is by hand.

Hope to see you in Tignish on Saturday, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment