Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It's The Eve Of The New Year!!

Well 2014, I have a big hug and thanks for you for being so terrific and with that, I'd like to put you to bed and greet 2015.

This year saw it's share of ups and downs as they do.  I won't even bother you with the downs...this is just not that kind of blog:)  I will however briefly share the ups....

As I've shared before, Mr. and I own an old country store and spend quite a bit of time working in it.  This gives me the most wonderful opportunity to both take care of the store AND stitch away at the ideas that keep popping up in my head.  2014 saw a boom in both creative thought and physical stitches which of course, made me very happy.  I think the ability to turn my thoughts into something tactile helps me keep my sanity in this very insane world.  There were more projects created on the knitting machine than I had ever hoped to produce and wow, the demand for my little blanket mitts went crazy!!!

Oh look, there goes a pair now...



The year also saw a certain Granddaughter, Miss H. move close to us from far away and Mr. and I have been enjoying the crap out of being with her.  As luck would have it, she enjoys the crap out of being with us too, and I have to say...she's a great pal to have around.  I mean, who else would I run around the yard with...or colour with for that matter!

2014 brought visits from family, visits to family, camping around the maritimes with friends and on our own. We ate, we rested, we worked, we played and we learned to sail on our wee boat.

Now, on the Eve of 2015, my creative juices are flowing again I'm sure there will be new projects to tell you about and show you very soon.  This cowl was tickling the grey matter so I gave it a go this morning, a few tweaks and it should be perfect.



I hope your 2014 was as lovely as ours, and from our Homestead to yours, Mr. and I wish you and yours a healthy and prosperous 2015.  Happy New Year to all of you. (Told you it was brief:) )

No comments:

Post a Comment