Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Books!

This year's instalment of "what I got with my Christmas Chapters gift card" is brought to you by:  Mary Jane Mucklestone, Kristin Omdahl, Alice Starmore and Deborah Newton....the brilliant designers and authors who made these books possible.



Of course a big thanks to my Mum and Dad who gave me the gift card in the first place:)  Woohoo, how I love these books.  There is an incredible body of work in each of these publications that I'm sure will (and already have) inspire some wonderful things to be designed and made here on the Homestead.  I have gone through each book cover-to-cover at least 3 times and still can't seem to put them down.

I had a go at Mary Jane Mucklestone's Blossom Pincushion from her book 150 Scandinavian Motifs...I'd love to show you the job I did but as I'm typing this, I'm realizing that the pics aren't on my new phone...ooops.  So, I will leave you with an image of it from the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment