Sunday, January 4, 2015

First

My first finished project of 2015 is a machine knit, hand finished, ottoman cover....for me.  Made out of MacAusland's 2 ply yarn in natural white and I lurrrrve it!!!

I have a plain, black vinyl covered ottoman in the living room that is uninspiring as it is (especially in a room of warm natural colours).  So of course, the only logical thing for me to do with it was to knit a cover.  I've been getting a consistent gauge using MacAusland's 2 ply yarn on my Singer Chunky knitting machine, so I measured, did the maths and zipped up a cover in 3 pieces.  One large piece goes from bottom front to bottom back, with 2 smaller pieces for each end.  I don't have a garter bar for my machine so after knitting the pieces, I did 6 rows of garter by hand and sewed the pieces together.  I was so happy to see it work, on the first try, without even a fitting (the machine is at work and I left the ottoman at home).

Here's a pic of it naked....


....and with it's new frock!


No comments:

Post a Comment