Friday, May 22, 2015

New Shawl Colours

Here are the other two colours of Belfast Mini Mill yarn that are being used to make my snuggly shawls....


....are you seeing a theme emerge?  These are Belfast Mini Mill's interpretation of PEI colours.  The blue in my earlier shawl post represents the water surrounding our beautiful little island, the green is a perfect match to the green of sea glass found on our beaches....and the purple is the colour of fields of lupins, not our Provincial flower, but since they are so abundant, they really should be.  I am so happy with these colours, each one very rich using a blend of three shades to make a soft tweed.  I must leave you as my coffee break has come to an end and I still have another half of a shawl to make.  If you're heading to the beach and need a warm wrap to enjoy as the sun goes down, these shawls were made just for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment