Thursday, May 19, 2016

That Old Saying

You know that old one...."this is the first day of the rest of your life"?  Well, today I feel like it truly was.  For so long I have wanted to join my local Spinner's and Weaver's Guild but I knew there was no way that I was going to be able to have the "me-time" I needed to attend.  Today was THAT day, today I went to the Library in Breadalbane and joined several other ladies for a Spin Day.  An entire half day, spent with my peeps.  I met one lady for the first time, but I knew all the rest from attending the Annual Maritime Spinner's Retreat.  I usually only see these uber-talented, fun, cheerful people once a year, but from now on, I will be seeing them at least once a month, sometimes twice!  Every time I am around these people their enthusiasm and some of their knowledge rub off (they are very keen to share what they know).  Today's meet up was about spinning of course, but Louise thought it would be fun to bring some dyes for us all to use.  I decided to bring a natural white skein of MacAusland's yarn with me (along with my spinning) and have a go at the dye pots.  All the colourful pots were lined up and had already been mixed and ready to use.


 Louise and I hand painted my skein and this was the end result.






I had a wonderful day and will be joining the guild officially on Tuesday at their annual meeting...but being the fun sort of people that we are, we are having a fun day of fibre arts and a pot luck supper before the meeting...can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment